What’s in your bag
The bag itself is a black Targus laptop backpack that, more often than not, doesn’t hold my laptop. But it holds a lot of other stuff. I’ll go through it pocket by pocket. It has a lot of pockets.
- Business cards from a company where I am signed up to do anonymous taste testing
- A packet of Biofreeze gel
- A money clip (but no money)
- Three pens. One of them needs a new refill.
- Business cards. Eyedrops. Burt’s Bees chapstick.
- Container of mints. Quarter. Old Panera Bread receipt.
- Some paper napkins. A notepad.
- Checkbook. Notebook. All-in-One Journal given to me by my friend Ryan with space to write down movies to see, books to read, places to go, etc. Also contains a drawing of a dog by my friend Jodi.
- A book, The Pocket Muse, given me by my late friend Brad.
- Receipt for a visit to the chiropractor.
- Assorted mail. Postcards. A copy of Mac|Life magazine. The book I’m reading (Guess Again by Bernard Cooper).
- Printout of a story I’m working on. Also, printouts of the chapter I’m reading at my writing group.
- Four more pens. A little pressure point stimulator. A set of acupuncture dots.
- A 4-gig flash drive. A spray bottle of Aveda room spray/linen freshener.
I have no idea why I feel the need to carry so much stuff.